Digital Resources Manager
5 April 2017
Closing Date: 5 May 2017
Award-winning visual effects and animation facility Cinesite are recruitning for a Digital Resources Manager.
As the manager of the Data and Rendering Department, the Digital Resources Manager will have overall responsibility for monitoring and allocating Cinesite’s data and computation resources across multiple productions. The duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Responsible for recruiting, leading, motivating and managing Cinesite’s Data Operators and Render Wrangling team.
- Supervise all Data Operators and Render Wranglers in carrying out all tasks appropriately and delegate work to the team effectively.
- Actively review and improve the working practices within the Data and Rendering department.
- Actively monitor Cinesite’s storage and rendering systems ensuring the continual provision and fair distribution of services inline with Production requirements.
- Maintain accurate statistics of resources usage.
- Actively maintain predictions of resources usage in order to anticipate and communicate potential issues.
- Regularly communicate to the Production team the status of resources utilization and discuss any measures that should be taken to ensure a successful delivery of each project.
- Attending all relevant cross show/department meetings including Pipeline, Production, Facility, Technical and training meetings when necessary.
- Recognise strengths and weaknesses in the team and Identify training needs and co-ordinate necessary training for new joiners and current employees.
- Ensure that there is adequate cover over weekends during Production deadlines and the shifts are appropriately split with regard to experience within the Department.
- Liaise with Production Manager on pipeline issues that could affect delivery of services to any relevant parties within the facility.
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Good IT knowledge (including Linux) with good understanding of network storage systems.
- Experience with large scale database systems suitable for statistics collection would be a plus.
- Software development experience in a scripting language, preferably Python would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of the Film Industry and related processes would be a plus.
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams to reach their maximum potential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure & meet deadlines.
- Previous experience of managing a team, within a similar environment is desirable.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world leading, award winning work.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly, if it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.